Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Exclusive: Shane McGowan napkin poem.


Just three hours ago I was handed a napkin with words splattered all over its crinkled surface. A man in an overcoat with a mouth full of bats living where teeth usually reside gave it to me. I found it hard to make out what he was saying or wanted but eventually caught on. He handed me the napkin In exchange for a song he heard me sing the night before at the party. The song was Hey Diddle Diddle in Polish:

Hey diddle diddle, Kotka i skrzyp&, Krowa skaka nad *moon, mały (niewielka ilość; trochę) Pies śmiał się widzieć taki sport (sportywny), I Dish uciekał z spoon

Only afterwards back at the MRHP office did I realize that the man was Shane McGowan. If I had of known I would have greeted him with a lot more jubilation and a lot less confusion, anyway here is the poem he wrote on the napkin:

I luk ova at yu
what do u hve to say to me
I like yur haare like
its got a nice fehl
Hwen I try to see
I get further wee
I kiss you goodnought
Jus for me ta puke
get outtha way

No comments: