Friday, April 22, 2011

Should Muslims Get Naked? The Female Che Guevara Reveals All


There is outrage among the hardcore elements of the Muslim community. Sila Sahin, a 25 year old living in cosmopolitan world of Berlin has shown it all for Playboy magazine.  She is the first Turkish woman model to strip. She hoped to show other Turkish women to be free and choice their own lifestyles without pressure from a misogynistic male cultural hegemony.


She told Playboy:

I have always abided by what men say. As a result I developed an extreme desire for freedom. I feel like Che Guevara. I have to do everything I want, otherwise I feel like I may as well be dead

She responded emotionally to the backlash back home in Turkey saying in tears"I hope you can forgive me. Please let me come home," Or is that the male dominated media twisting her words?

No comments: