Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ostrich Steak Review


So where do I find myself on Christmas Eve? Jetting off to the remote island of Tasmania, within arm’s reach of Australia where Santa’s lips would turn to dry husks. A man dressed like Indiana Jones sits at the table with me.  I wonder if he is for real. He is my guide and smells of cannabis and lizard feces. 

I am in a strange abode with a Hispanic woman snake-eyeing me with peek-a-boos from the arabesque curtain that veils the kitchen from the guests.The waiter looks like a malnourished camel, his eyes dripping of browned perspiration.

The ostrich steak has a rough texture strewn with tassels of heat, retentive flabs. The unkempt meat is  ‘Darling let me give you a massage with my broken fingernails’ on the teeth I rely on for mincing. The plain, apple chutney glaze was not home-made. No! It was from an unholy jar, like it was straight from the kitchen of Faulty Towers! I spent my formative food critic years working for a food critic consortium who taught me how to detect these things. It now seems silly to learn such a thing, it comes naturally those with the Force.
Other than that, it was just about alright, a stocky bird, one for those who like their meat with some subculture, desert personality, with a coarse hue; for those of you are rough diamonds slurp it up like bitches! For now me and Indiana Jones are off for some Soviet delicacies, Crikey! Catch you later bitches!

No comments: