Monday, December 12, 2011

Finch Brothers Survive Horrific Car Crash




Two brothers from Enniskerry, Country Wicklow on a road trip of a lifetime to Kerry, were stopped in their heels as their car toppled over from an icy patch on the bend of a small road. Cathal, the older of two brothers, had just started driving, when the atrocity struck. He spoke after the crash saying to our very own editor the Owl "I was going slow enough so I was pretty lucky in all - not sure about the car though." Somehow all he sustained were scratches, while his brother on Facebook a few hours after the tragedy posted "More importantly he got blood on my jacket !!!" He had not lost his humour,it is rumoured this will not stop them from getting to Kerry life or death.

Here is a piece Cathal wrote for us about his experience in the crash:

Without thinking, I started to climb from my car, then sat quietly behind the steering wheel. Niall turned and glanced at the bonnet of my car, clearly not recognizing the vehicle had nearly massacred us. As he raised his head he saw me through the empty windshield, sitting behind the deformed steering wheel among the dried bloodstains of his jacket. His strong eyes barely changed their focus, but one hand rose involuntarily to his cheek. He took in the damage to my car, his attention moving from the impacted radiator grille to the high-rising steering wheel in my hands. He moved away from the overturned car. What struck me again was his unusual leg-stance, the inner surface of his thighs, set in a broad pelvis, turned outwards as if exposed to the line of crashed vehicles- pity, eroticism, even a strange jealousy of his innocence. He came back as I waited on the oil-stained asphalt in front of my car. He pointed to the damaged vehicles. ‘After this sort of thing, how do people manage to look at a car, let alone drive one?’
When I made no reply he said flady, ‘Bummer man’

No comments: