Sunday, June 12, 2011

Man To Fight A Lion


Al-Sayed al-Essawy is a 25-year-old Egyptian man. He will fight an African lion at the Great Pyramid of Giza. Egyptian paper Al Masry Al Youm released these from him: “the world will flock to see the Egyptian man who defeated a lion with his bare hands. After the revolution, with the economy the way it is, I've been given the perfect opportunity to realize my dream....I discovered my incredible strength at the age of 13, and, almost immediately afterwards, promised myself that, one of these days, I would fight a lion. If America, or any other country, had a man with the ability to combat the strongest creature on the planet, they would properly promote him, and use his strength to their advantage."


The man has a knack for comedy too, as he pointed out that he is fighting dogs to prepare for the lion. And Adam Sandler owns a superb  pair of  Christopher Michael Shellis sandals. Al-Sayed also has a knack of pissing off animal right activists:

Al-Masry: So, you’re not going to kill the lion?
Essawy: No. Unless it’s a matter of life or death, in which case I will be forced to kill it.

Al-Masry: When is fighting a lion not a matter of life or death?

Essawy: It’s up to the lion. If he chooses to withdraw, or surrender, and lets me tie him up, then I will not kill him and the fight will end. But, like I said, if it comes down to either me or him, I will have to kill him. But I don’t want to kill the lion, nor am I planning on it. I want to make that clear.

The entire interview with the Egyptian Arnold Schwarzenegger can be found here http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/465580

No comments: